The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire #3) (3)

The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire #3) (3)

Kindle Edition
247
English
N/A
9780545349208
28 May
The WINGS OF FIRE saga continues!

Deep in the rainforest, danger awaits . . .

The dragonets of destiny aren't sure what to expect in the RainWing kingdom - Glory hopes to learn more about her family, and since the RainWings aren't fighting in the war, all five dragonets think they might be able to hide safely for a while.

But something deadly is stalking the peaceful kingdom, and the dragonets soon discover that RainWings have been mysteriously disappearing from the forest. When the RainWing queen won't do anything to find her missing tribe members, Glory and her friends set off on their own rescue mission - which leads them right back into enemy territory. . . .

Reviews (173)

This is the series that sparked the love of reading in our 9 year old

I was worried our daughter might never find that same love of reading her father and I have. She had not found a book that resonated and by the beginning of 3rd grade she was barely reading at grade level. Low and behold a friend in her class was obsessed with this book and had all of the girls in the class playing imaginary games based on it. Our daughter begged us to get the first one because she wanted to read it, when it arrived I worried it would be too difficult. Nope- she is now on book 4 and zooming through them. She even stayed up late over the summer unable to put it down. Now she is starting 4th grade reading 2 levels above grade level. Proves the importance of finding a book/series that captures their interests.

I actually bought this on accident

I actually bought this on accident. My 5 yo son and I had read the graphic novels together of the first two books which he LOVED and I ordered this thinking it was the third graphic novel. I was disappointed to realize when it arrived that I had made a mistake and it was the actual novel. I asked him if he wanted to give it a shot anyway and he said yes so we started reading and were immediately hooked. We got through the whole book quickly and both loved reading what was by far the longest book we’ve ever read together. The graphic novels are fun too but this novel provided a whole different reading experience and is a great story. And drawback is there is a bit too much violence for my 5 yo.

I hope you enjoy the book like my daughter did.;)

Great book & my daughter loves it!! Now because of this book my daughter so inspired to draw so many dragons. I can send some photo example of her drawing in this review.

Everything about this book was AMAZING, FUN, AWESOME - think of more good adjectives?

My Thoughts: Yay! I finally get to review one of the Wings of Fire books, because most of the time my brother, Oscar, insists on reviewing them. Anyways, I just love these books. The characters are hilarious, the writing fun and easy, the mystery incredible, and everything else about it amazing. I loved hearing about the NightWings and how Sutherland eases the reader slowly into the dragon's world of war and shows us a little more of the mystery with each book. (Mystery being with the NightWings, RainWings, Blister, the prophecy, and the replacement dragonets...). Glory's POV was one I have waited for for a LONG time (OK, I've a waited for all of them, but who wouldn't want to hear about Starflight, or Sunny, or Tsunami, or.... ALL OF THEM) and it didn't disappoint. Her character was spot-on, and we finally got to learn a little bit more about her feelings towards being a RainWing. Blaze was hilarious - exactly the opposite of her sisters, kind of like a mix between Sunny and Queen Red Riding Hood from the Land of Stories - and Queen Glacier left me curious and intrigued about her character. (As a side note, I'm still confused about why there isn't an IceWing dragonet. It doesn't mention it in the prophecy - maybe the author added it in to show how flawed the prophecy really is? I don't know. Has anyone else realized this?) The end of the book, with SPOILER, Glory trying to become queen, was awesome, too. Pretty much every about this book, this series, was amazing, fun, rolling on the floor with laughter, PERFECT. :)

So many beautiful dragons

I wish there was no war and each and everyone one lived happy life. (Minus evil ones). Seeing Blaze she so innocent and beautiful. I pick her in an instant and just teach her what right from wrong and how to properly care for things or what not to eat and how to fight to defend yourself and those you love. Where is Blaze mate? Who will be her mate? We need these things to happen. We need more of Clay and Peril.

Great adventures!

Our daughters love these books, including this one. They say the writing flows very well, easy to read, great adventures and they breezed right through the series. They can't put these books down! Highly recommended. (Our daughters started reading these when they were eight; one is now nine and the other ten. They have read all of the series including the Warriors series, Wings of Fire series, Seekers series, and Survivors series). They did not like the Survivors series at all. Our daughters did not like the Survivors series because they felt that all the characters were too similar to each-other and the plot appeared to be unorganized and missed it's meaning completely, (vague, confusing plot). In addition, my daughters state that the characters in Survivors appeared to be whinny and undesirable (difficult to connect with).

great book!

i love this series, I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit i'm 30 years old & decided to read the first book because my 10 year old son bought it at the book fair. I just wanted to see why he loved the book & was hooked. Cute, loveable, relateable characters. With so much violence in the media today it's nice to know that when a book says "young readers" it's appropriate for young readers.

wings of fire book 3 The Hidden Kingdom

I read through this book, very well. Its been great. Discovering the graphic novel, in, wings of fire, The Lost Heir, wondering, what was going, to happen. Wanting to, understand more, I'll say, this: Never, ever, forget the wings of fire series.

Highly recommended

I have a avid 9 year old that loves to read chapter books! This book brings fantasy Into his world he loves the first book so much he wanted the entire set! Great book and author! Highly recommend by mom and 9 year old!

This is what great fantasy work is all about

Book 3 is my favorite of the first 5 book saga. It goes into the Rainwing story and into the jungle where you learn so many important things about the dragons and how important culture really is to their happiness! This one is a lot of fun

Related Books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Một năm với hai giải thưởng, Triple Coffee đang kết nối

90 năm trước, tìm kiếm sự cứu rỗi, Brazil đốt hàng tỷ pound cà phê